5 Unhealthy Habits I’m Trying to Shake
Posted On May 21, 2020
Bloggers are always posting aspirational lists of how to make your life better, healthier, calmer, prettier, etc. I know this because I post these list as well. That said, I think it’s important to acknowledge that no one is perfect. You only see a brief glimpse into peoples’ lives from what they choose to post on the internet so of course you’re usually only seeing the bright and shiny side of life. So today I am here to let you know about all the unhealthy shit I do, that I know needs reexamining. These are the things in my life that are for sure not the healthiest, but I’m working on it. I think at the end of the day that’s all we can do with anything in life – work on it.
- Overeating. I think I’ve touched on this in a previous post, but I have a major overeating problem. When my food tastes good I want to keep tasting it so I eat and eat and eat to the point of being very uncomfortable. I’m happy to report that during self-isolation I’ve been doing really well with eating until I’m full and stopping. It’s a struggle everyday and I’ve had to put a very conscious effort into controlling myself.
- Picking. It’s true. I’m a picker. I have what I would call a medium level case of KP on my arms and I just can’t stop myself. When I see the bump I want to pick it immediately. I go through waves of being good about not picking and then picking and then not picking. I’m actually pretty good about leaving my face alone, but the body is a different story. I’ve been trying products meant to reduce KP bumps on the body but I’ve yet to see any results yet.
- Inconsistent vitamin popping. I know its important to supplement “just in case” when you’re on a vegan diet (thought honestly everyone should take certain vitamins). I buy the vitamins, I put them in a convenient location, and I ignore them day after day.
- I hate feeling the burn. Low intensity, low impact workouts are my total jam. I don’t like feeling the burn, I don’t like my muscles shaking, I hate feeling like I’m going to fall over holding a position. I know these types of workouts are important for the body and for building/maintaining strength. I force myself from time to time to actually go hard, but I hate every minute of it. I know I am in full control of this as its a mindset issue and quite frankly I am not ready to change.
- Screen time before bed. I know this is one of the worst things you can do for your quality of sleep but I can’t help myself. I am addicted to my phone (which I will not be putting on this list, I don’t care) and I just need to know what’s happening in the world before I head into dreamland.
I’m sure there are plenty of other unhealthy things I do, but these are the 5 glaring examples of things that should be easy to fix and yet I just don’t. I suppose I could use this as a list of things to work on during Coronacation, but why punish myself in the middle of a traumatic global pandemic. Be kind to yourselves yall.