New Year’s Resolutions. We all make them and then we all forget them. Part of the great thing about blogging is that the new year’s resolution post is a necessity and thus for better or worse I have a published account of what I hope to accomplish in my next year. Looking back on my goals for 2014 I think my list was far too long, but I did manage to check a few things off. This year I think I’ll make fewer resolutions and I’m thinking of doing a mid-year update on how everything is going, but we’ll see if I actually remember to do that come July.
Goals for 2015:
- Embrace lip liner. I’ve hit the point in my life where my old lady lines are starting to appear and in the worst possible place. I have the tiniest fine lines showing up around my lips and you can’t even see them until a lipstick starts to bleed, which I’ve never experienced before this year. So while I generally skip lip liner out of laziness I want to make an effort to incorporate it more often.
- Continue using up many of my products and decluttering my stash. I had this goal last year and I think I did a decent job. I want to continue making efforts to use everything I buy and the add-on to this goal is to declutter. I’m sure there are things in my collection I’ve acquired from one means or another that I likely will never use. I have a whole decluttering series planned for the next month of so hopefully I’ll be able to condense just a bit.
- Get in shape. No more bullshitting. I’ve had this goal for quite some time now and I’ve procrastinated like crazy. It’s not that I have a ton of weight to lose but I am only 5 feet tall and even just a few pounds makes a significant different on my small frame. I’m really tired of looking like a stranger and feeling out of shape. And really, if I’m quite frank, I can’t stand my boobs being so big. They look proportionate but I just don’t care for having larger boobs.
- Build up my savings. My savings account is laughable to say the least. I really want to get my act together and actually start saving money for future endeavors.
- Begin to revamp my shoe collection. These 5+ inch heels are not cutting it anymore. My feet have about zero padding left in them and just can’t handle big ass shoes anymore. I want to start replacing shoes in my collection with more sensible 3.5 – 4 inch options. And I’d like to start going for nicer quality shoes as well. In the spirit of decluttering if one pair comes, one pair must go. I think my first mission in this project is leopard print pumps. I’ve been eyeballing these and these.
- Take better care of my hair. I abused my hair this past year and the year before and I really need to step up my game with regular trims. I always forget and then remember when I have no money. Smart Amanda. I have got to stop doing that.
Ok, so 6 goals isn’t so bad at all. I’m hoping to give a bit of energy to each one of my goals. I’d love to know what you guys are hoping to accomplish in 2015 so if you want to share just leave a comment below!